Finished the re-installation of the motor and making some minor changes to the vehicle configuration. I swapped to a set of 0.7 mm Aquamist nozzles, installed a 3 bar MAP sensor, and converted a good portion of the pre-turbo intake over to RS4 parts. I also put a new flash on, courtesy of Daz, for the changed hardware.
This was the intake system pressure check while the motor was out of the car.
One of the biggest annoyances that goes along with removing the engine from the car is spilling engine coolant down the transmission and onto my garage floor. Even after draining the coolant from the lower radiator hose there is still a lot left in the engine block that finds its way out the back of the engine once the coolant lines for the heater core are removed.
I decided I would try and do something to address the coolant that drains out of these ports.
I had a leftover set of coolant hoses for connecting the heater core to the engine and decided to use the connectors on those to make a bridge between the two engine block coolant drain openings.
The attachment point is held in place by a seamless metal band, so I needed to cut the band off.
Cutting coolant adapter band
After the connectors were cut off the two coolant hoses I joined them together with an appropriate diameter silicone hose.
My goal is to put these in place before the engine starts to be tilted upward, thus preventing the coolant from running down the transmission and all over the place.
The most recent progress has been to swap out the stock fuel injectors for the 72# version of the Bosch EV14’s. I originally acquired these when I had the TiAL 605 turbo’s and kept them with the FrankenTurbo F4H’s. I think they’ll be a good pairing with the BW K04’s and whatever turbo follows them onto the car.