The project today was adjusting the 034Motorsport rear sway bar endlinks.
It took a little while for me to determine the best way to go about doing this as they are supposed to be adjusted so that when the car is sitting with weight on the wheels that the sway bar is not under tension.
I decided to raise the rear so that tension was relieved from the sway bar and then disconnected the end links with the wheels off the car. I then put the wheels back on and lowered the rear of the car onto blocks so there was weight on the suspension but I still had some room to work in underneath the rear.
Next I adjusted the top fitting so that the bolt would insert straight into suspension upright while there was no tension on the sway bar. This was repeated on the other side and then all of the bolts were tightened up.
I also noticed that the Avant’s Neuspeed sway bay was set to the firm setting, more than I feel is necessary since the Avant is now going to have the Stasis Öhlins Motorsport coilovers. I changed the Neuspeed sway bar to the soft setting.
My Stasis Streetsport rear coilovers came back today from being worked on.
The spring perch had been stuck and after a week of them soaking in PB B’laster and Kroil I shipped them off to PSI for the pro’s to give a try at it.
Turns out that a previous owner of the coilovers had decided to use Loctite on the threads to make sure the spring perch did not move from the height it was at. The use of Loctite was discovered after PSI was forced to cut the spring perches off.
Here’s a tip, the parts that are indicated by the yellow arrows, do not use Loctite on them. The red ring below them is for locking the perch in place.
I also figured I would give the rear shock mounts a POR-15 treatment even though they looked pretty good. Notably, the exterior of these mounts were flawless, but down inside them I did find areas that had rust.
Now the rear components are reassembled and ready to be reinstalled, with a better height setting.